cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Murderbot
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Start and wait for an Approval (V2) error

I am testing response options in 'Start and wait for an Approval (V2)'  and am getting this error:

 

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidRequestContent'. Error Message: 'The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Error converting value "[ "Alan","Alexa","Amy","Christina","Erin ","Justin ","Moriah ","Nicole ", "Horse" ]" to type 'System.String[]'. Path 'responseOptions', line 1, position 660.'.'.

 

I am pulling names from a Sharepoint group and appending them to a string variable.  I then put the string variable in as the Response Option as below:

image.png 

 

I have to add "Horse" to the end of the response options to use up the extra comma at the end of my string variable and meet the syntax requirement.  I tried to remove the extra comma using replace(variable('test'),substring(LastIndexOf(variable('test'),','),1),',','') with no success.  It woudn't see the comma, despite several variations.

 

The Approval works fine if I do not use dynamic content. I believe my syntax is correct, so I'm not sure why the flow continues to fail.  

 

Thanks for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Murderbot 

 

First of all, try converting your "test" variable to type array rather than string, and then append each new string to the array using the append to array action.

Once you've done that, remove the [ ] from the response options. The field is expecting a type of array, so I think that's what is causing your issue.

Have a look at my attached screenshot, it's a little less complex than yours but still achieves the same goal.

FlowArray.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Murderbot 

 

First of all, try converting your "test" variable to type array rather than string, and then append each new string to the array using the append to array action.

Once you've done that, remove the [ ] from the response options. The field is expecting a type of array, so I think that's what is causing your issue.

Have a look at my attached screenshot, it's a little less complex than yours but still achieves the same goal.

FlowArray.PNG

View solution in original post

Worked!  Many thanks for both the array var and bracket removal suggestions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,562)