cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Murderbot
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Start and wait for an Approval (V2) error

I am testing response options in 'Start and wait for an Approval (V2)'  and am getting this error:

 

BadRequest. The request failed. Error code: 'InvalidRequestContent'. Error Message: 'The request content was invalid and could not be deserialized: 'Error converting value "[ "Alan","Alexa","Amy","Christina","Erin ","Justin ","Moriah ","Nicole ", "Horse" ]" to type 'System.String[]'. Path 'responseOptions', line 1, position 660.'.'.

 

I am pulling names from a Sharepoint group and appending them to a string variable.  I then put the string variable in as the Response Option as below:

image.png 

 

I have to add "Horse" to the end of the response options to use up the extra comma at the end of my string variable and meet the syntax requirement.  I tried to remove the extra comma using replace(variable('test'),substring(LastIndexOf(variable('test'),','),1),',','') with no success.  It woudn't see the comma, despite several variations.

 

The Approval works fine if I do not use dynamic content. I believe my syntax is correct, so I'm not sure why the flow continues to fail.  

 

Thanks for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Murderbot 

 

First of all, try converting your "test" variable to type array rather than string, and then append each new string to the array using the append to array action.

Once you've done that, remove the [ ] from the response options. The field is expecting a type of array, so I think that's what is causing your issue.

Have a look at my attached screenshot, it's a little less complex than yours but still achieves the same goal.

FlowArray.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Murderbot 

 

First of all, try converting your "test" variable to type array rather than string, and then append each new string to the array using the append to array action.

Once you've done that, remove the [ ] from the response options. The field is expecting a type of array, so I think that's what is causing your issue.

Have a look at my attached screenshot, it's a little less complex than yours but still achieves the same goal.

FlowArray.PNG

Worked!  Many thanks for both the array var and bracket removal suggestions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,767)