cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_shepz
Frequent Visitor

Start and wait for an approval (Dynamic email)

Hello community,

I have a problem where when I create the task start and wait for an approval (referenced against Microsoft list).

I want the email sent out to the approver to be dynamic in the title (subject line) and parts of the body

-> this is because my Microsoft list has a choice column drop down list that I would like to reference and I need to it to output what ever the requester selects.

-> specifically the two pointed to need to be dynamic based on drop down choice list

t_shepz_1-1621453330434.png

Currently, the message I receive is this

[12:05 PM] SHERPA, TSETEN (Aaron)

Hello,

Please review the missing volume request by SHERPA, TSETEN (Aaron) for {​​​​​​"@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference","Id":7,"Value":"8100-1036"}​​​​​​.

All help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

okay.  Are you using Value portion of Choice column then?  Please refer below where I have a country as choice field and I get Country Value to select.

PrasadAthalye_0-1621540582520.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You should use DisplayName property of the people object. It should be available for selection like below... If its a multi selection, you will have to run a loop outside this action, use append to string and create a semi colon separated string, Then use that string.

PrasadAthalye_1-1621511937234.png

Power Automate Community
t_shepz
Frequent Visitor

Hi Prasad,

The column I'm referencing from Microsoft list is not a multi selection but a choice column with multiple options to choose from, but only 1 choice

Please advise 

Thank you

okay.  Are you using Value portion of Choice column then?  Please refer below where I have a country as choice field and I get Country Value to select.

PrasadAthalye_0-1621540582520.png

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

t_shepz
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, got the solution now had two diff values for dynamic content

- one is the column title and one is column title & "value" had to select value one

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,228)