cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start and wait for an approval custom responses - no custom response via mobile

I have created a flow using the custom responses start and wait for an approval action. I have input custom responses then triggered the flow to test. The custom responses are visible on the approval email but NOT visibile on the approval notification via mobile device 😞 which massively defeats the purpose of having the custom responses especially as we are not using the email as an approval email. Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully this is not standard and there is a fix for it? 

12 REPLIES 12
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Re: Start and wait for an approval custom responses - no custom response via mobile

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature (custom response via mobile) to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Re: Start and wait for an approval custom responses - no custom response via mobile

Very disappointing as I would have expected the results to be the same across the multi devices that it works on. This is a massive let down in the functionality and forces us to pay for an appropriate system which does work like this, only after having a license to O365 as well... 

Highlighted
v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Thanks for your feedback.

I think this feature will be added in the future version perhaps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

I would sincerley like to hope so, just seems like poor workmenship that it is not enabled as a standard alongside the action. Can't express enough how disappointing this is for an app that I have invested a lot of time and effort in, this is one of the most negative things I have come across with it. 

For anyone with the same opinion and wanting to vote on the enhancement request> https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Allow-custom-responses-visible-on-mobile-device/idi-p...

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the idea in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

On further testing I have found that after a minute or so delay checking back at the approval notification on the mobile the custom text appears. Very frustrating considering if someone picks up the alert as soon as it is triggered they will not see the custome text - we can't really expect users to wait for what we want them to see display especially as this scenario is an alert of an emergency response team. What can be done to resolve this other than use a different tool completely? 

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Did you add the custom text in the Details Field of the Approval action?

I have made some tests with the custom text in the Details Field.

When I check the approval notification on the mobile, it doesn't has the issue you have mentioned.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhos-msft 

I am using the start and wait for an approval (v2) with approval type custom responses and then adding in custom responses for users to select when they receive the approval email. So your mini test is inaccurate. 

I will copy a screenshot for you to replicate accurately to see if you experience a delay within the mobile app of these custom responses displaying on the approval notification once received. 

custom responses actions.png

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

I have made some tests on my side, it has the same issue your have mentioned.

Capture1.PNG

When I check the approval notification directly after I run the flow.

The notification is shown as below:

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

So I suggest you check the approval notification via Activity>Appovals

Capture5.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Best Regards,

Yes this is the issue I am experiencing which is becoming very frustrating as it is looking like we will not be able to go live with solution because of this 😞 

v-zhos-msft
Level 10

Hi @Basic_User007 ,

I think this issue will be fixed in the future version.

If there is any update I will connect to you.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,912)