cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finnecs
Frequent Visitor

Starting a Sharepoint Timer Webpart

I'm using Flow to create Sharepoint subsites for specific tasks within the organisation. I would like to embed a 7 day timer webpart on these subsites that will count down to when the task should be complete.

There is no way of pre-setting the timer with the site template so I was wondering if anyone is aware of a way of setting/triggering the countdown timer webpart with a Flow?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey @finnecs 

Have you considered using a UI Flow to add the web part and set the values post site creation?

Beyond that you'll probably need to invoke a Flow from your site design which itself invokes an Azure function to execute custom code (PnP) to perform the required actions.

HTH

Jay

I have not been able to use UI flows, as although I have it installed, when I try and create one I get a popup saying "Something went wrong - please ensure that UI flows is installed and running". I have reinstalled it a couple of times too but still no dice. 

Hey, check out - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Something-went-wrong-Please-ensure-that-UI-flows-...

Also make sure your account has a license which permits premium Flow features.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,314)