cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
d2thomas
Level: Powered On

Status and Time based email notification from a SharePoint list via Flow

I'll try and summarize this the best I can.

I have a SharePoint custom list which I'm using as a tracker for action items. Within this list we have several fields, including a action item description, status, an action owner (via People Picker) and due date.

I have successfully setup a Flow that notifies individuals via email they have been assigned an action item, including the description, due date and a link to a assignee specific view. Another one notifies them when the item is closed.

I'd like to have a flow that checks the date of the action item with a "pending" status and if the due date has passed, send an email reminder to them. This might be on a schedule to run once a week, maybe once a day or triggered via button. I'm looking to automate the followup process which today is wholly manual.

Is this something that is possible with Flow? If so, how can this be accomplished?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Status and Time based email notification from a SharePoint list via Flow

Hi d2thomas,

Please try to add two Conditions in your flow. Condition1 for checking if the Status is equal to Pending, Condition2 for checking if the DueDate is less than Today’s date.

To test this issue, I configured a flow looks like below and it runs succeed.

4.PNG

Hope this could be a reference for you. Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi d2thomas,

Please try to add two Conditions in your flow. Condition1 for checking if the Status is equal to Pending, Condition2 for checking if the DueDate is less than Today’s date.

To test this issue, I configured a flow looks like below and it runs succeed.

4.PNG

Hope this could be a reference for you. Please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

d2thomas

Great - conceptually this makes perfect sense and has pushed me the right direction. Thank you!

The problem I'm having at this time is with the first condition (Status Value = Pending). It's returning the expression as false for every entry, which is not correct. I've checked to make sure the status value is spelled correctly and also that there exists items with that value.

Any input on what could possibly be the issue with that condition failing?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi d2thomas,

What’s the column type of the Status column? I used Choice column type to test this issue on my side.

It returns as True when there is a Pending status.

3.PNG

If you need more help, please show me the screenshot of your flow.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

d2thomas

The Status column is a Choice, however when I typed Pending exactly as it appears in the Choice selection, it failed.

I was able to get it working by setting it as "contains" Pending, it just would not work as "equals" Pending.

Pretty odd but it's working! Thank you!

feilda

trying to send a push notification when a status changes

I have a similar issue.  I have a list that has a status column, date column, that i am using for tracking.  I have a flow set up to do a push notifcation when a new item is created.  This is working fine.  I want to add to the flow to do push notifications whenever the status changes.  There are 6 different status possible.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,906)