Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harlzbaby
Regular Visitor

Status code 429 quote rate limit is exceeded try again in 59 seconds

Hi all, 

I am getting this error on my flow 

The dynamic operation request to API 'excelonlinebusiness' operation 'GetTable' failed with status code '429'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: { "statusCode": 429, "message": "Rate limit is exceeded. Try again in 60 seconds." }

The odd part is that I don't have a 'Get Table' Field in the flow. 

So i tried adding one and now its even more broken 😞 and the dynamic content wont show for me it just errors out when i try to save so now i cant remove the new get tables part. 

The flow ends up running fine but it stops me from being able to see what I have put into the fields for the excel document to be updated. 

If I re create that part of the flow this doesn't show up on the new part until I leave the flow and go back to edit it again. 

I re imported the export i did of it prior to me adding the get table and attempted to add a new 'update cell' and it did the same thing.

3.JPG

4.JPG

Then when i try to save the flow after removing that new bit it just errors out with the same thing and i can no longer save anything 

5.JPG

sometimes when i try to re create or add more i get this error:

"Could not retrieve values. The dynamic invocation request failed with error: { "statusCode": 429, "message": "Rate limit is exceeded. Try again in 35 seconds." }."

I Understand that this might due to the licence I have not having enough juice. 

I have the per user plan.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need or if it is potentially due to something else?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Harlzbaby 

This error message means the API limit has been reached in your flow.

Please try to adjust your Flow Action’s Retry Policy and try again. Follow the steps below.

Click on the ellipses (…) the action that is giving the 429 error.

Then click Settings.

Now look for retry settings

vLilyWmsft_0-1626143881768.png

For example:

Retry Policy Type: Fixed Interval

Retry Count: 50

Interval: PT20S (It means 20 seconds retry interval in the ISO-8601 Data elements)

For more info about using the Flow Retry Policy to Resolve 429 - Rate Limit is Exceeded Failures can refer to:

https://www.fidelityfactory.com/blog/2019/4/15/microsoft-flow-error-429-rate-limit-is-exceeded

For more info about ISO-8601 you can refer to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Harlzbaby 

This error message means the API limit has been reached in your flow.

Please try to adjust your Flow Action’s Retry Policy and try again. Follow the steps below.

Click on the ellipses (…) the action that is giving the 429 error.

Then click Settings.

Now look for retry settings

vLilyWmsft_0-1626143881768.png

For example:

Retry Policy Type: Fixed Interval

Retry Count: 50

Interval: PT20S (It means 20 seconds retry interval in the ISO-8601 Data elements)

For more info about using the Flow Retry Policy to Resolve 429 - Rate Limit is Exceeded Failures can refer to:

https://www.fidelityfactory.com/blog/2019/4/15/microsoft-flow-error-429-rate-limit-is-exceeded

For more info about ISO-8601 you can refer to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thank you ❤️

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,347)