Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Stop flow after Approval rejection

Hi,

I have a 5 stage approval process , with each stage needing approval before moving onto the next stage :

I have created a flow using “when an item is created” then added an “approval” action

Then added a “ Condition” where “response” is equal to approve,

With “yes” & “no” sending an email with the relevant text (picked out the dynamic content)

And repeated this 4 times for each stage… it all runs fine and I get notifications at each stage to approve etc…

but im unsure on how to end the flow when it has been rejected at any stage , at the moment even i reject it carries onto the next stage and send me the approval email ...

i would also like to add the comments for either "approve" or "reject" to a column in the List (is this simply a text column)

I’ve then added an “update item” which I want to update the item with the “comments” from the “rejection” of the “approval” but it deosnt seem to update the List column...

And repeated this 4 times for each stage… it all runs fine and I get notifications at each stage to approve etc…

any pointers would be great

paddi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I have posted a screen shot of an alternate approach below.  I am using a Control Terminate action (set to Success) to stop the Flow. The Flow stops upon a rejection.  You can use the same condition after each Approval action.

In addition, I am using an update item statement to allow for the approver comments tpo be added to the list.

MultiApproval.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Paddi,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you want to stop the flow whenever an approval is rejected?

You could add some condition inside the flow to start the second approval when the first approval is approved,and start the third approval when the second approval is approved,and start the last approval when the third approval is approved.

The screenshot of the flow to start the second approval when the first approval is approved would as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG

The flow would:

1. When an item is created, the flow would be triggered.

2.Then start the first approval

3.when the approval is finished, send an email with the response.

4.Update the item with the response dynamic content and comments.

5.Check the response,if the approval is approved,start the second approval, if not,do nothing,and the flow would stop.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

I have posted a screen shot of an alternate approach below.  I am using a Control Terminate action (set to Success) to stop the Flow. The Flow stops upon a rejection.  You can use the same condition after each Approval action.

In addition, I am using an update item statement to allow for the approver comments tpo be added to the list.

MultiApproval.jpg

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi scott & Alice,

thanks for the replies , it looks like the terminate control allows me to do what i wanted , and will terminate the Flow when the approval rejection has been selected ..

thanks for the help

Highlighted

@ScottShearer. If I want the document go back to the last approver if rejected, how do I go about that. I dont want the flow to terminate. I have read about do until but dont think it is for that
Highlighted

Hi , in your flow , it showed two approval process ,but now , the number's of approval will depend on the event series ,  level A maybe has two manager to approval ,level B maybe has 4 manager to approval .

So ,in this situation ,how do I config flow to meet my situation ???

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,674)