cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rshama

Stopping a flow triggering an infinite loop

Hello, I am trying to stop a flow triggering an infinite loop. I have tried to follow the suggestions elsewhere on this forum, but it isn't working. I have a date field called 'Flowmodified' which is a date field, and is updated with utcNow() whenever the flow is run. I have tried to add the following trigger condition to stop infinite loops, but it isn't working, and the flow gives an error:

@greater(value(triggerBody()?['Modified']), value(addMinutes(triggerBody()?['Flowmodified'], 2)))

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @rshama 

What is doing your flow? Could you share a screenshot? Why it is generating an infinite loop? Probably it will be better to change it in order to avoid it.

Regards.

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
CFernandes
Super User
Super User

Hi @rshama ,

I agree with @fchopo a screenshot will help.

In my case I created a column Process: Column type – Yes/No (Default value ‘Yes‘) – Note: This will be used to prevent recursive Flows.

In the condition I check, 

>>“To Process” (Output of “When an item is created or modified” trigger) is equal to “True”.

If True. do the  "What your want your Flow to do" and at end of the process just update the "To Process" column to "false"

You can find more details, https://clavinfernandes.wordpress.com/2019/04/11/extract-text-from-scanned-content-using-ocr-and-man... 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

rshama

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look at the site. In the meantime, please find attached Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.14.43.pngScreenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.14.40.pngScreenshot 2021-01-18 at 17.14.33.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,643)