cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
--EKM
Level: Powered On

Store attachments from Microsoft Forms into Sharepoint List

What I am trying to accomplish is when a form response is submitted create a sharepoint list item. The issue I am running into is that there is a question to attach files and I am unsure of how to capture that in the sharepoint list. Is this possible? I was thinking of potentially creating a column, that would store a shareable link, since it seems the attachments from the form are being stored in my OneDrive account. Thanks in advanced for any help. 

-E

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Store attachments from Microsoft Forms into Sharepoint List

Hi @--EKM, currently you can't add attachments to a form in Microsoft Forms so I'm not sure how you are going to get those attachments.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

--EKM

@RobElliott Hi, 

I am not sure when this feature was added but I can confirm that it is currently supported. Please refer to the image below. 

-E

attachmentsinforms.PNG

Super User
Super User

Well that's good news , I know they were working on it and so it looks as though it's rolling out although it's not arrived in my tenant yet.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @--EKM 

Can you share a sample output of the submitted form in flow? I just want to see what is the type of attachment that is being returned. 

If it is a file content in base64 format, you can create an item in flow and then add an action to add an attachment to that item and use the binary function to create the file content for that attachment. 

If the file upload question creates a link to the file saved in onedrive, you can create a multiple lines of text column in SP list and save the URL over there. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

--EKM

Hey @yashag2255 , 

I'm not sure how to see how it is saving the file from the outputs. What I tried to do was just create a column to save the "response" of attaching files and it gave me a long link which does contain the link to the file along with a lot of other stuff. This is the output it gave me:

[{"name":"jsn_logo_blk_rgb_"MyName","link":"https://"CompanyName".sharepoint.com/personal/"MyName"/Documents/Apps/Microsoft%20Forms/"FormName"/Question/jsn_logo_blk_rgb_"MyName".jpg","id":"","type":null,"size":50911,"referenceId":"","driveId":"","status":1,"uploadSessionUrl":null}]

Sorry if thats confusing to read, I tried to exclude any personal information. However, what is highlighted in red does link directly to the uploaded file. How do I get sharepoint only to save what is after "link" and before "id". I think that would solve my issue for one file and if there were any other files to concatenate the outputs. Thanks for any help. 

-E

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,061)