cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BVN
Level: Powered On

Store data from a SharePoint list item in order to do an operation on some of the values

Hi all

I am creating a flow, triggered by a new list item in a sharepoint list (a list of training sessions)

When the item is created, the flow looks into another list for the name of the training event.

Do do this, I have created a condition comparing the training code from the first list (session list) with the training code from the event list (second list).

So far, so good.

My question is now, I need the information from an additional column from the 2nd list (event list) (from the filtered line item above) to decide on a next action and I don't know how to do that.

I hope I made my question statement clear enough for somebody to help me out.

Best wishes, Benedikt 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Store data from a SharePoint list item in order to do an operation on some of the values

Hi @BVN,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow’s configuration?

What do you want to do with the additional column from event list within your flow?

Further, could you please show a bit more about your Session list and Event list?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:20.JPG

Within Condition box, click “Edit in advanced mode”, type the following formula:

@equals(triggerBody()?['Training_x0020_code'], items('Apply_to_each')?['Training_x0020_code'])

Note: within “If/yes” or “If/no” branch of Condition, you could add other actions in which you could get additional column values from Event list (your second SharePoint list).

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
BVN

Re: Store data from a SharePoint list item in order to do an operation on some of the values

Thanks for your swift reply.

Let me give you some more details on my 2 lists:

1. Session list

This is the list of all individual trainging sessions we have during. It contains the following fields:

Session list.pngSession List Fields

2. Event list

This is our "catalogue of all our trainings, with the following fields:

Event list.pngEvent list fields

So what I so is when a new session of one of the training is planned a list items is added in the Session list. And in my flow get information on the training itself from the event list (eg who is the trainer). I have been able to link the trainer with all the sessions (via my condition as mentioned in my initial post). I use this to automatically send an e-mail to that trainer that a new session has been planned. What I would now also like to do is to copy the "mentor" in in that message (as you will see, the mentor is another column in the event list.

Hope this helps clarifying?

Regards
Benedikt

BVN

and here a screenshot of the flow itself:

screenshot flow.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,050)