cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Storing Email Attachments to a Custom Entity in CDS

I've currently have a Power Automate flow set up to:

1) Trigger when an email is sent to a distribution list (DL) and lands in one of the DL's members inbox.

2) Email is parsed and a new SharePoint List (SPL) entry is created.

3) This new entry also stores a copy of the email as an attachment in the SPL.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is bypass the SPL and write/attach directly to a custom entity I've set up in my CDM. The blocker I'm running up against is that my custom email attachment field (data type = file) is not "searchable", so I don't see that field in Power Automate when I add a "Create a new entry" module.

SS_2020.08.03.png

SS2_2020.08.03.png

Any feedback/assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Storing Email Attachments to a Custom Entity in CDS

Hello,

I was able to reproduce this in my environment by creating a custom Field of Data Type File.  Once I did that I added it to the Form and was still not able to see it when creating a Flow similar to the one in your screenshot below. I would ask that you create a support case with Microsoft so that we can dig further into the issue: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,805)