Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sparrowhawk
Level: Powered On

Strange icon showing up next to Flow suddenly

Here's what I did:

(1) I added a column to a SharePoint list that is used in some of my Flows

(2) I edited a Flow that creates items in this list. Specifically, I assigned a value to the new column in the already existing "create item" step.

(3) I saved the flow and backed out to my list of flows.

My Flow now has this icon next to it in the list (it is no longer the SharePoint icon from the item created trigger):

2019-05-21_11-00-54.jpg

I don't know what it is, I don't know what it means, and nothing in the UI is telling me anything is wrong with the Flow. When I go back in to look at the flow all the connections are marked as fine and working.

I have no idea if this means this Flow is working anymore or not and it isn't a Flow that is easy to test as it interacts with another list and could throw things off. What gives? What is this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sparrowhawk

Re: Strange icon showing up next to Flow suddenly

I tweeted at Flow and their response was pretty useless but seemed to indicate maybe it was a problem with the image not displaying properly. I logged in later in the afternoon to look at the Flow and the icon was back to normal for literally no reason.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

There's no problem, your Flow will be working fine. It seems to be just the icon that is displayed after you change the steps in a Flow but before it runs. It's nothing to be worried about.
Rob
Los Gallardos

Sparrowhawk

How do you know this?

Super User
Super User

I worked it out from my Flows.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Sparrowhawk

Can you be less vague please? Are you saying you researched it and found a concrete answer somewhere? Or are you saying you saw it happen and haven't noticed a problem since and are just assuming it's nothing?

Super User
Super User

I'm not being vague: I watched what was happening with my flows and the icon and worked out what was happening.  Sometimes you just have to do that rather than wait for an answer from Microsoft.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Sparrowhawk

Yes, your responses have been vague, but I don't want to give the impression I blame you for it. It's not your fault that it's too hard to figure out what this icon means and that you had to continue on with your work despite not really fully knowing. I get that. It's what I'm probably going to do as well, but only because that's literally the only choice I have. I also see from my email that you edited your post and originally characterized me as wanting to be "spoon-fed" an answer from Microsoft. The place I work for pays a lot for their volume Office 365/Flow/Powerapps licenses and Microsoft is pushing the use of this new stuff pretty heavily over SharePoint workflows. I guess it's a sad state of affairs when expecting halfway decent UI/UX from a product is considered wanting to be "spoon-fed". Thanks for trying to allay my fears with your original response, I didn't mean for this to get personal, I'm just frustrated by this type of thing in Flow.

Super User
Super User

I edited the post because I felt that the rather British expression "spoon fed" would come over as more harsh than intended and be misinterpreted. There really doesn't seem to be any issue with that icon so it's not worth stressing over as far as I can see. Most of us here don't work for Microsoft so provide comments, ideas and solutions based on our own experience.
Rob
Los Gallardos
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sparrowhawk ,

It seems that after you modified the flow, the special icon will appear. However, once the browser refreshed, it returns to the normal icon.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Sparrowhawk

Nope, it had nothing to do with me refreshing the browser or not. I had already refreshed the page many times in my attempt to try to make sure this wasn't something like that. I tweeted at Flow about it and they gave a response saying not to worry about it.

Sparrowhawk

I tweeted at Flow and their response was pretty useless but seemed to indicate maybe it was a problem with the image not displaying properly. I logged in later in the afternoon to look at the Flow and the icon was back to normal for literally no reason.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sparrowhawk ,

Thanks for updating.

It seems that it is working normal for you now.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 304 members 5,534 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: