cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scampanyps
Regular Visitor

String Array - Input to Sharepoint Get Items

Hi All,
I am working on flow that will email my procurement analyst when the number of PCs in stock for a given "Category" falls below 5.

The "Category" values I am focusing on for now are: Everyday and Tablet.  I have other types of PCs such as Engineering, Mobile Engineering, etc.  I am assuming if I can get a flow that will work for two types of PCs, it will work for all of them.

I have an array initialized with ["Everyday", "Table"]  I would like my flow to use the current array value as an input to my Filter for Get Items so I can count the number of PCs for a given Category such as "Everyday" and use that value in a Condition which will send an email if the number of PCs in stock falls below 5.

Here is a screen shot of my flow.

scampanyps_0-1596661166669.png

When I run the flow I get this error message:

scampanyps_2-1596661459030.png

Can someone help me understand why the flow appears to be using the entire value in the array instead of the individual items in the array?

I do have a view setup that shows the number of PCs in stock for my categories.  If there is a way to use the view to make my flow more efficient I would be happy to have someone point me in the direction to use my view.  Here is a screen shot of my view.

scampanyps_1-1596661267467.png

I am new to Flow and appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Scott

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @scampanyps 

Your issue is you are comparing with an array against a column value? 

Please see this post below how to compare an array vs text varaible.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-Flows/check-sharepoint-column-against-array-variable/td-p/...

Also the correct REST API syntax is as follows:

https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('ajlist')/items?$select=Title&$filter=substri...

Above I am checking Title column contains 332. That %2C is required before the column name.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
scampanyps
Regular Visitor

I have modified my flow as shown below.  When I run the flow I get a total of all available PCs, which is 134.  My goal is to get a count of available PCs in each category as shown in the screen shot.  If any count of available PCs for any particular category falls below a given thresh hold (say 5 PCs) then send an email to the procurement analyst.  Based on the data below I would like my flow to send either one email stating that the inventory levels for the "All In One" and "Desktop" categories are below the thresh hold or two emails, one for "All In One" and one for "Desktop" stating that the inventory levels are below the threshold.

scampanyps_0-1596824275590.png

When I run this flow:

FlowFlow

I do not get an email because the flow is summing the values for all categories which is 134.  I would like to loop through each Category find the total in each category and send an email for any Categories that have an inventory level of less than 5.

Is there a way for a flow to look at the values in the Group By Sharepoint view and access the Group By count directly instead of having the flow execute the computation?

Thank you all for your assistance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,481)