Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Splush
Helper I
Helper I

String splitting doesnt do anything

Greetings,

In my flow I take text from a scanned invoice using the micrsosoft Vision API. Then I would like to take the invoice number out of the text by splitting the text everywhere where it says "\n", feed that to a string array and then search for the invoicenumber by going through the array using a for each loop.

Though somehow the split doesnt do anything. The String looks exactly the same before and after the operation.

This is the code of the split in a set variable action:

split(body('Optical_Character_Recognition_(OCR)_to_Text')?['text'],'\')

Does anybody have a clue why this doesnt work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Splush
Helper I
Helper I

Okay,

I was not expecting to find a solution this early, but the trick is to initialize a new variable and just press the enter key in the corresponding field. Then replace the '\' with that variable. Code is as follows:

split(body('Optical_Character_Recognition_(OCR)_to_Text')?['text'],variables('enter'))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Splush
Helper I
Helper I

Okay,

I was not expecting to find a solution this early, but the trick is to initialize a new variable and just press the enter key in the corresponding field. Then replace the '\' with that variable. Code is as follows:

split(body('Optical_Character_Recognition_(OCR)_to_Text')?['text'],variables('enter'))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (75,991)