cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
StevenWade
Advocate III
Advocate III

Struggling with convertToUTC function

I've built a flow that seems to be randomly generating errors on the convertToUTC function, and it's driving me batty. I'm applying the convertToUTC function against a text formatted date in order to stuff the data to a SQL table that is expecting a datetime format. 90% of the time, the convertToUTC function works correctly. The other 10% of the time, I get "the value provided for string '#####' is invalid". The timestamps can be from the same day, within hours of each other, and an error is thrown. The image below provides snapshots of both failing and working examples. The convert to UTC function is written as follows:

 

 

convertToUtc(outputs('Rewrite_JSON_for_current_record')['BRET_STATE_TIMESTAMP'], 'UTC', 'G')

 

 

PLEASE HELP! What am I doing wrong here? Should I be reporting this as a defect?

error_msg_1.JPG

1 REPLY 1
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@StevenWade   - Can you try to use formatDateTime() function on DB column and then convert and see if it goes through?

 

Like and Mark this as answer if it resolves your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,327)