cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zak15303
Frequent Visitor

Stuck in the middle!

Hello Everyone,

Im building a flow for my company in order to automate the customer return information flow process for my company. In this i have a list that have intotal 15 column. The first few column are added by the customer service department. They have attached a infopath form with sharepoint list. After adding those column the approval is send to the another department so they can add something in the list. They add it in the list by putting a comment in the approval then i update the list by adding that comment in the column field.

Now i am stuck in between. If u have a look at pic 4, u can now see that the warehouse department will have two different option to add the comment (either pallet or column). After they add the comment in either one of them option, the list is being succesfully updated. Now the problem lies when i add a approval for the lieferungs nummer so the cs can add the liefererung nummer in the comment section. I cant seem to find a way where i can tell the flow that when i update the list to have the lieferungsnummer in the column. I would only want either the pallet collumn or the carton column to be updated depending on the option the warehouse took in the previous approval. Can you guys also have a look on the flow and give me suggestion to make it better as i just started with microsoft flow? I dont know if i explained it that good but maybe u guys can understand it by the pics i posted below. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zak15303 ,

You could use variable to store Dynamic content output from the previous Approval, and then configure variable in Update item action below.

Like:

47.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zak15303 ,

You could use variable to store Dynamic content output from the previous Approval, and then configure variable in Update item action below.

Like:

47.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you it worked perfect. Just a quick question;  when we update the list after the first approval, is there a way for instance during the updating action of the list after the second approval, we can prevent adding manually all the columns that were updated after the first approval hence only manually put the values for the columns that we want to update after the second approval?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,776)