cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MFFranco
Frequent Visitor

Subject = Input from trigger

Hello to all.

I am very new to Power automate and only now have started exploring. Did a few tutorials, watched a session, and perused some documentation.

In my attempt to create a simple "Block my calendar for 1H" type of button (aim here is when I go to lunch or have an improntu meeting, i just tap the button on my phone and done), I am interested to make the "Subject" of the event to be the Text input of my trigger (the reason chosen when triggering the flow).

MFFranco_0-1642611387342.png

Is this possible?

In a side note: In a further advance on this button, would be interesting to know if it is possible to instead of adding a finite number of minutes/days/hours for the "End time" if it would be possible to have the flow prompt for a duration (given the chosen variable of minutes/hours/days).

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @MFFranco,

It should be possible to find the Reason field in the Dynamic Content list and use it in the subject field.

Below is an example.

reason_dynamiccontent.png

RE your second question. You could add a number field for Duration of the meeting and use the addMinutes function in your expression instead of addHours. And instead of adding a fixed amount of time (1 hour/60 minutes) you could use the Duration number field in that same expression.

Below is another example of that.

addMinutes(utcNow(),triggerBody()['number'])

addedduration.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @MFFranco,

It should be possible to find the Reason field in the Dynamic Content list and use it in the subject field.

Below is an example.

reason_dynamiccontent.png

RE your second question. You could add a number field for Duration of the meeting and use the addMinutes function in your expression instead of addHours. And instead of adding a fixed amount of time (1 hour/60 minutes) you could use the Duration number field in that same expression.

Below is another example of that.

addMinutes(utcNow(),triggerBody()['number'])

addedduration.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?

MFFranco
Frequent Visitor

@Expiscornovus thank you very much. That is in fact much easier to set up for the subject. Thank you.

On to the second part, there is no way to actually have it prompt for a request of how many minutes to set? As the expression would have to be hardcoded to the function and not be with a dynamic input. Example: I have an impromptu call that will predictably take me 20m to do. Would this be possible to do?

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @MFFranco,

Yes, that prompt would be possible. The setup of the second screenshot actually included that.

durationfield.png

See a test run example below.

20minutes.png

The test end result with a duration of 20 minutes.

testrun_20minutes.png

Happy to help out! 🙂

@Expiscornovus oh my. that duration prompt slipped by me. Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,877)