cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylevallentine
Helper I
Helper I

Submission not CC'ing creator

Hello - I have 2 flows that work in conjunction. The second flow sends personalized email notifications based on conditions but does not CC the person who submitted the form/SharePoint. 

The first picture/flow works correctly and takes Form data and adds to SharePoint. This correctly finds the person via outlook and adds shows the submitter's display name. 

The second picture/flow is a notification email that is sent out via specific conditions BUT it does not CC the submitter of the Form that has the data on SharePoint. 

I have tried many different ways to get the author CC'd, but to no avail. Adding get user profile doesn't seem to work in the second flow to grab the user's information from the first. Does anyone have any ideas?

Working.PNG

Not Working.PNG

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I can see, you are not needing the Apply to each anymore, or do you for another value? Try to move the Send email action out of there. If this not helping out, can you take a screenshot of the whole Flow please?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Change your RDP column from first flow to a person column. You can update them using the Claims format:

i:0#.f|membership|michael@wiXXXX.onmicrosoft.com

so it can be done having the mail address. It contains the DisplayName as well as the mail address - second one you can use in the second flow for CC.

Changing the columns to people really helped; thanks! The second flow that CC's person is still at a standstill. 

Attached is a screenshot and what dynamic content I am seeing. I get an array error when I try it this way. Not sure if I need to add in a different step before sending email? 

2nd flow.PNG

As far as I can see, you are not needing the Apply to each anymore, or do you for another value? Try to move the Send email action out of there. If this not helping out, can you take a screenshot of the whole Flow please?

View solution in original post

You're right. For some reason it was on that flow, but not the others. I took it out and it works! Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,939)