cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Submit Form Unique Entry per day in Flows

Hi, I am new to Power Automate and have a query for all good Samaritans here. I have created a form and My requirement is it should collect only 1 Entry from each user every day . i created a recurring flow to run daily that will send mail to all users to fill the form. How do i restrict 1 entry per day . If i restrict entry in forms, it doesn't allow user to enter even the second day. Thanks in Advance for help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Submit Form Unique Entry per day in Flows

Hi!

So you want to allow everybody to fill the form, but you want to grab only the first response, right?

One possible approach is to store the first response in an external repository, like CDS, Sharepoint list or excel table.

The record in the external repository should contain the date and all relevand details you need.

So whenever you receive a new response, you check first if your external repository already have a record whose date is today, if not store current response, if yes just skip it.

You can even send an email to the responder to confirm if its answer was the first received or not

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Hi 

Yes you are right that this is what i am stuck at. But unable to find the right condition to put.

My data is going to share point and excel both.  Please help in which way i can put a conditionflow.JPG

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi again!

Do you store every single response in the excel table? Also in the Sharepoint List? Also add a column date in both cases?

So, assuming you are registering each response in both Sharepoint List en Excel Table, what I miss is a 'List rows present in a table' or 'Get items' with an ODATA Filter to restrict the query to elements stored today.

Let's assume you add a SP 'Get items' to read nr of element in your list.

I would suggest to assign the following ODATA Expression to 'Filter query' input

Created ge '20200601'

Once executed, you can count the number of elements from the response, if more than zero, it means your current survey response is the first one. This can be achieved by means of a Condition action block, new assign the following WDL expression to the left part of your condition rule

empty(body('Get_items')?['value'])

NExt, assign the following WDL expression to the right part of your condition rule:

true

Select the operator: is equal to

Now, if your flow is reexecuted today, it will take the 'true' (yes) branch if the response being processed is the first one registered today, it will take the 'false' (no) branch if not the first one registered today.

Once you test the flow works as expected, just need to remove 20200601 from ODATA filter expression, and add the following WDL expression instead:

utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd')

DEtails on how to design ODATA Filter to check dates here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Filter-items-with-query-on-today-error/td-p/13572...

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,331)