cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s4kpowerdev

Submit MS Form and save data into CDS custom entity via Flow?

Hello,

I have set-up a Microsoft Form, along with a CDS Entity, and trying to use MS Flow to "flow" the data from the Form to the CDS entity.

The fields in the Form match the fields in the CDS Entity, apart from an AutoNum field which is marked as the Primary Key. When a form is submitted, I'd like to flow the submitted data into a record created in the CDS.

The AutoNum field, looks like this:

AutoNumField.png

Question:

From within the Flow, when creating the CDS entity record to save the data into, what do I do about the AutoNum field, given that Flow has (correctly) detected that it is mandatory - is there a way to configure Flow to ignore that column given that it will eventually be populated when the record is inserted into the CDS entity (I'm presuming, similar to SQL Server, that the AutoNum will be automatically populated)?

AutoNumIsRequired.png

Any help/pointers to docs/tutorials that explain how to resolve the above would be gratefully received!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @s4kpowerdev ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

I suggest you don't set the column value as Required for a try.

Capture3.PNG

So when you create the record, you can ignore this column.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @s4kpowerdev ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

I suggest you don't set the column value as Required for a try.

Capture3.PNG

So when you create the record, you can ignore this column.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (82,958)