cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
lstone
New Member

Survey123 dynamic fields missing

I have a Survey123 that I am putting in a flow to insert a new row into google documents.  The flow is working correctly.  The problem is when I go to add my fields from the survey some are missing.  The 3 that I'm looking for all pretain to an Other drop box.  Meaning that the end user had a drop down (field a ) with Other being one of the options.  When Other is selected they are than provided a text box (field b) to type in the Other info.  On the dynamic content I can see field a, but cannot see field b.  So when I send the data to the google docs the reviewer just sees Other, but never gets the other info because I cannot add field b as another field to transfer data.  I have 4 occurrences of this in my form.  Is there a reason these fields are not showing up?

4 REPLIES 4
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

 

Looking through this issue. I am not certain as to what is causing this. It initially seems like this is not supported but I don't see exactly what you would be hitting. This might be a better question for the Microsoft Support team. I'll include a link on creating a ticket with them if you would like to go down that route. Otherwise if any other communities members might know what is causing this, feel free to chime in.

 

Regards,

 

Alex

 

-------

 

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gottaswim
New Member

We are also having this issue. We created Flows connecting Survey123 and Google Sheets to add a new row on submission. When they were created, all of the dynamic content fields showed up. Now only the default ones (for Survey123) are appearing, but none of the custom dynamic fields. Same thing is happening with another Flow with Survey123 to send an email out on submit. 

I could never find a real answer to this and only found it as a common problem as I found other posts on it.  My workaround is that I manually typed the trigger even in the expression box for those fields that didn't show up in my dynamic content.

 

This is an example of one of my expressions. Sewer_issue_other is the name of my field.

triggerBody()?['feature']?['attributes']?['sewer_issue_other']

 

Hi! Thanks for the reply. We launched the project yesterday that was using this, so it has been a busy 24 hours. I actually found the same workaround. It's the only thing that seems to be working. I saw another person with the same issue writing on the ESRI chat board that was using a concat expression, but that wasn't necessary. Anyway, thanks for responding! Sorry I didn't reply to my own message before now giving the solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,173)