cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Survey123 - send email notification to selected email attribute as identified in survey123 question

Kia Ora Team, 

What I want to do:

When a survey response is submitted, I want to send an email notification to the email address which is selected as a question / attribute in survey123. 

I keep getting this: 

Error Message "{"errors":[{"message":"Does not contain a valid address.","field":"personalizations.0.to.0.email","help":"http://sendgrid.com/docs/API_Reference/Web_API_v3/Mail/errors.html#message.personalizations.to"}]}"

(I have built in the email addresses. The survey (well the feature report which is a different issue) will go to 1 of 5 people. These names can be selected in question 1... and this automatically generates the email address that can be selected in question 2. For instance: in question 1, I select Summer; in question 2 it will allow me to only select Summer@123.com . So I want the email to automatically go to Summer@123.com )

Thanks team,

Summer 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Survey123 - send email notification to selected email attribute as identified in survey123 question

Hi @SunshineK ,

Glad that your issue is solved.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Survey123 - send email notification to selected email attribute as identified in survey123 question

Hi @SunshineK ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the run history of the flow?

Could you please share the output for the question2 dynamic content(The dynamic content that you would use to send the email to)?

Please share more details so we could better understand your issue and provide the workaround.

Best Regards,

Alice

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Alice, 

I don't have this flow available any longer - I made changes so I could get it working - essentially I just put in an extra step which takes the user all of 2 seconds. 

*after some further research I realised what I was trying to do was not currently possible. 

Thank you for the time and effort to reply. 

Cheers, 

Summer 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SunshineK ,

Glad that your issue is solved.

Best Regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,964)