cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciarlies
Frequent Visitor

Switch Control Action Branching Condition Not Satisfied

Hello--I'm trying to use the switch control to do conditional branching. I need the V3 email to route to a different person depending on the options selected in the form. The flow is working, except the CASES aren't working. I only get an email from the default CASE. What are some things that might cause this to occur?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Ciarlies 

The output of the Choice type answer for MS Form will be string, To parse the string to an array use the JSON expression:

My Form -

CFernandes_0-1618134693827.png

Power Automate Solution - Is to use the Join and pass the choice column as JSON -

json(<choice Column>)

CFernandes_1-1618134802214.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ciarlies
Frequent Visitor

Ciarlies_0-1618009875223.png

yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Ciarlies 

Is the question that you are trying to switch on, a multi select choice type? Can you please check that once? 

For single select choice questions, you can directly type in the choice to compare in the switch case. For multiple select choice type, you will have to type in the choice along with the [""]. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Ciarlies
Frequent Visitor

@yashag2255 Hello, thank you so much! Yes, the options on the form ARE multiple select choice types.

Perhaps I am not following your instruction properly -- When adding ["Choice"] the error is **Flow save failed with code 'InvalidTemplate' and message 'The template validation failed: 'The template action 'Switch' at line '1' and column '3898' is not valid: the value '[ "Back-Up Care Program" ]' specified for 'case' property in switch case 'Case' is not allowed. Only values of types string, number or a '@parameters()' expression that evaluates to a number or a string is allowed.'.'.**

When adding [Choice] the flow runs but Action Branching Condition Not Satisfied. 

Ciarlies_0-1618057379525.png

Hey @Ciarlies 

The output of the Choice type answer for MS Form will be string, To parse the string to an array use the JSON expression:

My Form -

CFernandes_0-1618134693827.png

Power Automate Solution - Is to use the Join and pass the choice column as JSON -

json(<choice Column>)

CFernandes_1-1618134802214.png

View solution in original post

Hello @CFernandes @yashag2255 

It worked! I used the join operation with the expression json(<choice Column>) in the From: field along with the separator [""] in the Join with:  field. 

The email was received as expected! Thank you both 😊

Ciarlies_0-1618143136422.png

Wohoo 😁 I am glad the solution worked... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (948)