cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricky_pullan
Level: Power Up

Sync all day event from Outlook to Google

Everything seems to sync just fine, unless I sync an event that is marked as an all-day event in Outlook.  When it syncs over to Google Calendar, it syncs as starting at 5pm on the evening before the correct date.  I saw a similar question in the forum, but there wasn't a resolution outside of filtering based on the title of the event-- is there a fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sync all day event from Outlook to Google

Hi @ricky_pullan,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

At the beginning of the test, I also had the same issue as you. Because Google Calendar uses GMT, and Outlook uses UTC, so there will be a few hours difference in time.

You could take a try with the following workaround.

• In order to eliminate the difference caused by using different time representations, use addHours() function to increase or decrease the difference of hours.
  • If necessary, you may also need to use addHours and addMinutes to nest to eliminate the gap in minutes.
  • All day event and normal event are not the same, and the difference in time needs to be determined separately.

For reference, my Google calendar uses GMT-05:00, Outlook Calendar uses UTC-6, you can handle it according to your actual situation.

All you need to do is determine the second parameter in the addHours() function.

Expression reference, the test found that my second parameter needs to be set to 5, but normal event does not need to do anything, as below:

addHours(triggerBody()?['Start'],5)
addHours(triggerBody()?['End'],5)

Image reference:

36.PNG

The flow works successfully, When I created two different types of events, they were successfully synchronized, as below:

38.PNG

39.PNG

Please take try and let me know if the issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Marcel1

Hi @v-bacao-msft and @ricky_pullan

I'm trying to get this running, but the commands 

addHours(triggerBody()?['Start'],5)

triggerbody()?['Start'] isn't recognized as a valid statement.
InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_an_event_-_All_day_Event' inputs at line '1' and column '2553': 'The template language function 'addHours' expects its first parameter to be a string that contains the time. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#addhours for usage details.'.

Any ideas?

Do I need to define this anywhere at the beginning of the flow?

Thx

Marcel  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Marcel1,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow? 

Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Marcel1

Hi Barry

Thanks for replying.

You'll find my screenshots below:

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNGCapture7.PNG

Petinga

Hello.

My flow sttoped working with the error:

InvalidTemplate. Não é possível processar expressões de linguagem de modelo nas entradas "Create_an_event" de ação na linha "1" e na coluna "2755": "O parâmetro da função de linguagem de modelo "substring" está fora do intervalo: o "start index" tem de ser um número inteiro não negativo e deve ser menor do que o comprimento da cadeia. Veja https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#substring para obter detalhes de utilização.".

Since last friday...

Can anyone tell me why ?!?

I'm using the original template to copy events to Google calendar

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 346 members 6,918 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: