cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sync completion of tasks in To-Do & planner

Good morning - Firstly, i am new to MS Flow so the whole concept of flow construction is a learning curve.  I have created a simple flow that creates a task in MS To-Do when a task is assigned to me in planner. I am however stuggling with the next step of creating a flow to sycronise the completion of tasks - i am looking to create a flow to ideally do both of the following:

- When i complete a task in To-Do, it finds the corresponding task in planner and completes that task (given there is a corresponding task in planner as not all my To-Do tasks are duplicated in Planner; only tasks for team projects as duplicated in planner).

- When i complete a task in Planner, it finds the corresponding task in To-Do and completes that task.

Is this feasible and if so, please could someone provide guidance as to step needs to make the flow?

many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Sync completion of tasks in To-Do & planner

Hi @marante ,

It seems you want to sync completion between To-Do & planner.

I am afraid you need two flows here.

I have made two flows for your scenario, please take a reference.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello @

Thanks for your response - when i set the flow up, it asks me to choose the unique id for the task and allows me to choose from a list of tasks already in tasks.  This leads me to assume that this flow is best suited for tasks that reoccur or have a reoccuring Id?

Unless i have misunderstood how the flow works, i need this value to be dynamic. The flow needs to look for a different id each time it runs - is that possible?

thanks

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @marante ,

I am afraid you can only monitor one Task each time.

You can't Sync all the task in one flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi 

Highlighted

I'm interested in the answer to this as well.  It would be great if we could sync everything in Planner to Microsoft To-Do (including sub-tasks in planner) and once ticked as completed in one system it automatically updates the other system.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @marante 

What I did to do a similar flow is just add to the planner task an ID, generated by a sharepoint list. So then in the other flow I just compare the ID and if is the same, complete the task.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,157)