cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annnika
Frequent Visitor

Sync libraries "When an item or file is modified" - search and replace in subfolders

Hi All,

I am trying to build a flow (as you can probably guess):

- Library 1: Master files, in subfolders, modified every once in a while.

- Library 2: Same files, but different folder structure with subfolders and sometimes multiple duplications of the files.

Library 1: When a file is updated, I want it to search through Library 2 and all subfolders and replace the file and all dublications of it with the new version.

I of course started with the easy one, it copies all updates to the destination folder. But I want it to search through the subfolders of the destination folder and replace it there. Is that at all possible? Any ideas would be very much appreciated 🙂

Thank you!

File flow.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Annnika,

You could following these steps to approach that:

substring(outputs('Get_file_properties')?['body/{Path}'],0,lastIndexOf(outputs('Get_file_properties')?['body/{Path}'],'/'))

Screenshot 2020-12-31 175314.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response!

I have set it up accordingly, but struggle a bit with the "copy file". So in the first steps it takes all information from library 1, but in "copy file" there is no mention of library 2 as destination folder to search through. What am I missing here?

Best regards

Annika

sudharsan1985
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Annnika 

Please refer to the below link

Power Automate – How to auto copy or move files in SharePoint Library | Knowledge Share (spknowledge...

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves your clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Hello Sudharsan,

thank you! Unfortunately not, the copying works perfectly, but the challenge is that it should not simply copy the file to a certain main destination folder in library 2, but search through library 2 and all it's subfolders to find and replace the file wherever it can be found.

Best regards

Annika

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,566)