Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NC1212
Regular Visitor

Syncing existing events in separate Office365 calendars

Hi! 

I have separate Office365 calendars that I want to sync for the existing calendar items AND the future additions/updates. I created flows to add/update events in Calendar A each time there's an add/update to Calendar B-- it works great for all future additions and updates in Calendar B.

Now, I want to copy all of the existing upcoming events in Calendar B into Calendar A, from today and going forward. I attempted this using a test calendar but the issue also copied about a year's worth all of the past events too AND resent the past invite to the other attendees from Calendar A (weird!). So here's my question:

Can you explain how to copy only the events from calendar B that as of today are scheduled in the future (that is today+1 day) into Calendar A? Is it possible to do this without sending the event invite to other attendees?

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Syncing existing events in separate Office365 calendars

Hi!
You are using 'Get events (v4)', right?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#get-events-(v4)

Did you explore the options that offers adding 'Get events (v4)' as the input of 'Filter array'? Here you are an example of how it combines

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Adding-parameters-to-quot-Get-Events-quot-action/...

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Super User
Super User

Hi @NC1212 

@efialttes  has a good solution, but I just wanted to chime in on something to be careful. If you're triggering based on created on calendar A to replicate to calendar B and doing the same on calendar B, you'll get a circular reference since, when you add something to B via Power Automate it will trigger it.

Be careful so to filter the ones that need to be created to avoid this.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

NC1212
Regular Visitor

@efialttes , when I attempted this, both past and future single instance events copied to the calendar (ie past events still copied). Recurring events that had been modified and were in the past copied to the calendar. But recurring events taking place in the future did not copy.

Can you help me figure out how to copy both single instance and recurring events that are scheduled to take place in the future?

Alex_Voelger

Hi NC1212,

I was wondering, if I could learn abit from you. I am new to MS Flow and I wam looking for a properbly simple solution. I want to copy events from O365 calender a one way to o365 calender B. Also updateing and deleting would be also nice.

Could your solution help me here?
Many thanks

Alex 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,023)