cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwsmelt
Level: Power Up

Syncing files and folders between multiple sharepoints

Hi, 

I am trying to sync files between two sharepoints. I work in education and would like to have a Team for each group. I do however want to only have to upload files once, and not for every group. Can anyone help me setup a Flow for this? Basically what the organization should look like is this: 

1 Team for each group. I have 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 2A, etc. 

Whenever a file or folder is created I want that to happen in the same folder for another group.

Whenever a file or folder is edited I want that to happen in the same folder for another group.

Whenever a file or folder is deleted I want that to happen in the same folder for another group.

Is there any way this is possible? 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Syncing files and folders between multiple sharepoints

Hi @jwsmelt,

You can create two Flow to sync these Groups, but you should make sure these Groups have the same folder path.

For example, I have three groups, Westeros, Stark, Test11, and I want to sync the /Shared Document/General folder.

Flow 1: When a file is created or modified in a folder, copy the file to the two else Groups, if there have already exist one, replace it.

Annotation 2019-10-22 093903.png

Flow 2: When a file is deleted, get files in the two rest Groups to find the file with the same file name with extension, and then delete it.Annotation 2019-10-22 104051.png

Please have a try, I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jwsmelt,

You should make sure to operate the main Group every time, for example, I should create, modified and delete in the Westeros Group.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jwsmelt

Thanks! This seems to work but I am having trouble with creating a folder and having that synced too. Is there a way to do this automatically too? I could in theory make a flow for every folder in the destination folder but there should be an easier way, right? As of now all the files sync instantly but creating a folder does not give the same results.

jwsmelt

Creating new files work now. Creating folders does not. 

Also, deleting an item in the one folder doesn't just delete the 1 file in the other sharepoint but rather every document available. How do I do this? 

Sharepoint.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,444)