cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Syntax expession problem

I am facing a problem , reffering syntax of expression on a filter array.

In fact i want to ( virtualy) join the sharepoint list with an excel sheet.

Everything runs fine except this exxpression which gives me wrong data.

The thing which i want to to say is : The email address of the record creator on the sharepoint , is the same with the email on a column in an excel file which called "Email" . I have to refer that the excel column "Email" has unique  values.

I think that on both sides of the filter array , i have to write something different , could you please help me ? Thank's in advance

111111.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@euromedi1 

First of all, is the first issue solved?

I mean the one you reported "Filter Array does not find any match in the excel table"

If so, this means we are closer to a happy ending!

Now let's talk about your new issues:

What I see in your screenshots is that you assigned Excel ‘Get rows present in a table’ output as  Filter Array input.

Since you mentioned:

“The email address of the record creator on the sharepoint , is the same with the email on a column in an excel file which called "Email" . I have to refer that the excel column "Email" has unique  values.”

How can you get more tan one result in your Filter Array output? If you assigned Excel ‘Get rows present in a table’ output as  Filter Array input  and Excel column “Email” has unique values, this is not possible right?

Now, regarding your new requirement:

“And in fact i want the last record of the SP list which contains the email or with the Bigest ID from  the SP list”

What I also see in the screenshots you shared is that the trigger is ‘When an item is created’. So I do not see any relationship between this new request (last record of the SP list?) and the screenshots shared so far.

Wait, wait, wait... did you change your Flow logic so it does anymore look like the screenshots shared so far? are you referring to extra service logic not shown in screenshots you shared so far? If answer to both questions is yes, then it can explain why I am not properly understanding your new challenges

Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!
Syntax look fine
"Everything runs fine except this exxpression which gives me wrong data"
Do you mean that Filter Array does not find any match in the excel table?
How many rows do you have in the table? More than 256? If, so did you activate pagination on 'List rows present in a table'?
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Excel-Business-List-rows-present-in-a-table-2...
Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Ι mean that Filter Array does not find any match in the excel table

The excel table has about 50 records , For sure it is less thatn 256

Highlighted

Hi again!
One more suggestion in case nr of rows is not the issue.
Sometimes excel column data is added with 'hidden' spaces. So my suggestion is to switch both value in your condition rule (move the value on the left to the right and viceversa), then replace 'equals' operator and use 'contains' instead... something like
Excel Email Column contains SP Created By item Email
Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

Hi again
A third suggestion, in case previous ones did not work. Are you sure Filter Array output is empty? So maybe the Condition action block executed afterwords is the one with a wrong sintaxis.
You can easily check by adding a dummy Compose action block in the middle, assign Filter array output as its input
Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted

3333333333.jpg

I swaped the values , and i made an expression for the email from SP. i works better , But  My problem is that the output of the filter array , are all rows which contains the email. And in fact i want the last record of the SP list which contains the email or with the Bigest ID from  the SP list ( this flow creates only records, so the Max ID is the ideal data for me )

Highlighted

@euromedi1 

First of all, is the first issue solved?

I mean the one you reported "Filter Array does not find any match in the excel table"

If so, this means we are closer to a happy ending!

Now let's talk about your new issues:

What I see in your screenshots is that you assigned Excel ‘Get rows present in a table’ output as  Filter Array input.

Since you mentioned:

“The email address of the record creator on the sharepoint , is the same with the email on a column in an excel file which called "Email" . I have to refer that the excel column "Email" has unique  values.”

How can you get more tan one result in your Filter Array output? If you assigned Excel ‘Get rows present in a table’ output as  Filter Array input  and Excel column “Email” has unique values, this is not possible right?

Now, regarding your new requirement:

“And in fact i want the last record of the SP list which contains the email or with the Bigest ID from  the SP list”

What I also see in the screenshots you shared is that the trigger is ‘When an item is created’. So I do not see any relationship between this new request (last record of the SP list?) and the screenshots shared so far.

Wait, wait, wait... did you change your Flow logic so it does anymore look like the screenshots shared so far? are you referring to extra service logic not shown in screenshots you shared so far? If answer to both questions is yes, then it can explain why I am not properly understanding your new challenges

Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank's again for your quick reply

Sorry , but my english are on so good.

Let me anwer  to you, i will start from the end:

My Flow logic has not been changed 

in fact i want to express that:

1 record ( 1 row) from the excel file , corresponds to 1 record ( in fact the record which i created on the sharepoint list). The only  common data from the excel is the email address , and from the sharepoint list is the email address + the last id with the same email address  from the SP ist.

After the filter array ( which filters the records from the excel list) , Normally i should expect  to have 1 row record, but some reaseon , i get the complete set of rows ( see attached photo) . I checked on the output of the filter array , and i found that on one record ( which has the same email address) , i have the set of rows and not the row of the excel file. In fact i have 48 records of the excel file , in my example i use email with no 45 record. All records except No 45 , have no output  . No 45 record has all rows of the excel file.

that's exactty is my problem.all records excepr Nr 45 , have no outputall records excepr Nr 45 , have no output

Nr 45 record has all excel rowsNr 45 record has all excel rows

Highlighted

I found the problem , i replaced excel connector , the correct connectro in my case should be : Get a row.

Thank you very much , about your help , and your "trigger" to think about the whole flow logic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,276)