cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flowuser
Level: Power Up

Syntax of Advanced Condition

Everything looks really great (connection to gmail or other email would be nice though).

One question I have - how to do advanced mode for conditions? I couldn't find the syntax for it anywhere.

In particular, I wanted to have an "OR" ability.   I know I can create multiple flows, but if I have 10 or 20 conditions (say, just looking for a keyword) that seems like it might get a bit unweildy.

Also, having to delete my action and recreate it each time I update thecondition is something that'd be nice to avoid.

Thanks for making an awesome tool!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Coen
Level: Powered On

Re: Syntax of Advanced Condition

Hey there,

when adding a condition you, near the bottom it states "Edit in advanced mode". You can use the same expression syntax that Logic Apps uses. Expression reference is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt643789.aspx

I have no experience with those advanced statements though. But this might help you get going.

Thanks

as edit: See Logical functions part for the expression I believe you are looking for.

4 REPLIES 4
Coen

Hey there,

when adding a condition you, near the bottom it states "Edit in advanced mode". You can use the same expression syntax that Logic Apps uses. Expression reference is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt643789.aspx

I have no experience with those advanced statements though. But this might help you get going.

Thanks

as edit: See Logical functions part for the expression I believe you are looking for.

flowuser
Level: Power Up

thx

this works:  @or(contains(triggerBody()['TweetText'], 'test123'), contains(triggerBody()['TweetText'], 'test345'), contains(triggerBody()['TweetText'], 'test678'))

stars75238

Not sure what the issue is with that statement.

Actually, I am trying to check the value of a checkbox, it seems that Flow cannot handle the OR statements and does not run.

Highlighted

For Checkbox you have to Use like below:

equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn NameXXX'], True)

Eg Of advanced Condition Working:

@and(not(equals(triggerBody()?['Created'], triggerBody()?['Modified'])),equals(triggerBody()?['Push_x0020_Notification'], True),equals(triggerBody()?['Travel_x0020_extension'], True))

Generic Version of above condition :

@and(not(equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name1XXX'], triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name2XXX'])),equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name3XXX'], True),equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name4XXX'], True))

NOTE:  Keep this condition in one line without spaces. 

Regards,

Chandrashekhar

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 534 members 5,332 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: