cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flowuser

Syntax of Advanced Condition

Everything looks really great (connection to gmail or other email would be nice though).

One question I have - how to do advanced mode for conditions? I couldn't find the syntax for it anywhere.

In particular, I wanted to have an "OR" ability.   I know I can create multiple flows, but if I have 10 or 20 conditions (say, just looking for a keyword) that seems like it might get a bit unweildy.

Also, having to delete my action and recreate it each time I update thecondition is something that'd be nice to avoid.

Thanks for making an awesome tool!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Coen
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hey there,

when adding a condition you, near the bottom it states "Edit in advanced mode". You can use the same expression syntax that Logic Apps uses. Expression reference is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt643789.aspx

I have no experience with those advanced statements though. But this might help you get going.

Thanks

as edit: See Logical functions part for the expression I believe you are looking for.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Coen
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hey there,

when adding a condition you, near the bottom it states "Edit in advanced mode". You can use the same expression syntax that Logic Apps uses. Expression reference is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/mt643789.aspx

I have no experience with those advanced statements though. But this might help you get going.

Thanks

as edit: See Logical functions part for the expression I believe you are looking for.

View solution in original post

thx

this works:  @or(contains(triggerBody()['TweetText'], 'test123'), contains(triggerBody()['TweetText'], 'test345'), contains(triggerBody()['TweetText'], 'test678'))

Not sure what the issue is with that statement.

Actually, I am trying to check the value of a checkbox, it seems that Flow cannot handle the OR statements and does not run.

For Checkbox you have to Use like below:

equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn NameXXX'], True)

Eg Of advanced Condition Working:

@and(not(equals(triggerBody()?['Created'], triggerBody()?['Modified'])),equals(triggerBody()?['Push_x0020_Notification'], True),equals(triggerBody()?['Travel_x0020_extension'], True))

Generic Version of above condition :

@and(not(equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name1XXX'], triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name2XXX'])),equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name3XXX'], True),equals(triggerBody()?['XXXColumn Name4XXX'], True))

NOTE:  Keep this condition in one line without spaces. 

Regards,

Chandrashekhar

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (48,470)