cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WiggityZwiggity
Helper V
Helper V

Sytnax for Odata Order By

Is it possible to use multiple fields in the order by odata filter on a SharePoint get items action?  i.e. if I want to sort by Title Field, then Date Field as an example:

Title asc and Date asc

What is the correct way to structure that - it appears to be differen than the filter query sytax.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WiggityZwiggity,

The workable Sytnax for the order by should be:

Title asc, Date asc

Image reference:

59.PNG

The Sytnax usage is described here:

Use OData query operations in SharePoint REST requests

For orderby:

"

Use the $orderby query option to specify how to sort the items in your query return set. To sort by multiple fields, specify a comma-separated list of fields. You can also specify whether to sort the items in ascending or descending order by appending the asc or desc keyword to your query.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @WiggityZwiggity,

The workable Sytnax for the order by should be:

Title asc, Date asc

Image reference:

59.PNG

The Sytnax usage is described here:

Use OData query operations in SharePoint REST requests

For orderby:

"

Use the $orderby query option to specify how to sort the items in your query return set. To sort by multiple fields, specify a comma-separated list of fields. You can also specify whether to sort the items in ascending or descending order by appending the asc or desc keyword to your query.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

That's awesome.  Is there a way to also apply this sorting on Unions?  i.e. if I am joining 2 arrays, and I want the combined results to sort?  the union(array1,array2) expression doesn't seem to allow for this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,524)