cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakson
Helper III
Helper III

Take Forms response data and send to To-Do as new To-Do task

I need some advice in addition to some advisory statements about what to do the right way.

I have a Form that collects data from coworkers at my agency. We're gonna use it almost daily and one of the little straggling features my boss really wants is for our employees to be able to add To-Do items directly from the Form. They sit down, crack out some data, then they realize they need to remember a task for later in the week. Rather than manually entering the task in To-Do or their Outlook client, it'd be great for them to just type out the To-Do item and then have it magically appear in their Do-List later.

My boss specified one condition that must be met is for our employees to be able to enter several To-Do items simultaneously. To achieve this from Forms we've designated the semicolon ";" as a special character to delimit a new item. I've found that PA offers connectivity to To-Do and even allows you to pluck out strings that your user has input into a Forms response.

I'm stuck navigating my way through a raw unbroken string containing several special characters and converting it to several individual delimited strings ending with ";".

In effect, go from "Get Signatures for Doc; Write Application notes; Get coffee;..."

to "Get signatures for Doc" - "Write Application notes" - "Get coffee"...

My first assumption was to attempt to split the string on the delimiter character but I couldn't find a string split method. LOL.

Guidance is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @Jakson 

You could use the split function to create an array, and for each item, add it to the to-do list:

survey-to-do.png

Where (outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r625d496d372b4e1495ef5c9e62b29a1c') is the survey forms field you're getting information from.

Hope it helps!
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hello @Jakson 

You could use the split function to create an array, and for each item, add it to the to-do list:

survey-to-do.png

Where (outputs('Get_response_details')?['body/r625d496d372b4e1495ef5c9e62b29a1c') is the survey forms field you're getting information from.

Hope it helps!
Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Exquisite!

Thank you thank you!!

I'll give this a whirl and see what I end up with!

Hey, @fchopo 

It appears your flow design works!

Unfortunately, Power Automate is currently lacking my desired means of pushing these To-Do tasks to a separate user's Task List. Arg!

Thank you tremendously for your assistance regardless!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,279)