cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OverwatchMedia
Frequent Visitor

Take Invoice information from Email and Put into Excel Row

Hello, I want to take information from an email and put it into an excel file. The email in question will always have the same information that needs to be taken. The text in bold is what I want to take. 

My impress is I need to use the Compose function I am just not familiar with how to use it.

There is extra text in the email than what's below, but that can be ignored

Email parts I want copied below are:

-Invoice 1004 Details

-Due 08/13/2020

-Bill to

Company Name

-Terms

Net 15

- Balance Due           $4.00

Does someone know how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@OverwatchMedia 

Hi there.  So, if it's always formatted the same way, you can probably either use a combination of Split() and some other things to manipulate the text and parse out what you want.  Below is a video to get you started on that function.

There are also a few 3rd party tools to help you do the same kind of thing.  One of my favorites is Parserr.

Either way, keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@OverwatchMedia 

Hi there.  So, if it's always formatted the same way, you can probably either use a combination of Split() and some other things to manipulate the text and parse out what you want.  Below is a video to get you started on that function.

There are also a few 3rd party tools to help you do the same kind of thing.  One of my favorites is Parserr.

Either way, keep us posted.

-Ed

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Thanks, that helped a bit. I don't know how you manage to get the parse ability though. I ended up using the split formula with the Initialize Variable flow. Used parallel branches with one branch to get amount and all the html after the amount, and then a second initialize variable to gather the first part of that section to return only the amount. I did a separate branch for the due date and customer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,247)