cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Take from last

I set up flow to create trello cards for keyword in my email subjects. My goal was to have it skip the first 22 characters and then take the last substring and put in front of the remaining words. The code I came up with was this.

union(last(substring(triggerBody()?['Subject'],1)),skip(triggerBody()?['Subject'],22))

now i had a feeling this wouldn't work because the substring need a 3rd value for position.

My problem is that of all the functions I viewed everything takes starting from the front

what I need is to take starting from the back but haven't found anything that can do that so I felt

this was the right direction but now I'm a bit stuck.

The reason I need to do it this way is because for these emails I'm trying to set up with flow,

The first 22 letters are always the same and I don't need them, the last substring is always a date

and the middle content is what varies and I need the date to appear first.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Take from last

Hi @heykoolaid,

In my scenario, the subject contains 22 characters first, then a date, then other contents. I am trying to extract the date then concat the date with the last remaining words.

Please check the following function for a reference.

concat(substring(triggerBody()?['Subject'],23,10),skip(triggerBody()?['Subject'],33))

Please check the following screenshot for a reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,637)