cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dompilione
Frequent Visitor

Taking output from SQL Get Rows and turning into individual Strings?

Hi all, I have established a connection from Power automate to our SQL database, and seemed to figure out how to get the rows I am looking for, but I cannot seem to take these rows and do anything with them. 

My goal is to build a Power Automate flow that, when passed a Job Number, goes and grabs all rows from the relevant table data and then updates the record in Dynamics. I have gotten as far as getting the rows of data from the database while passing the Job Number, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get the output into individual strings (which is what Dynamics Update a Record asks for)

I was able to turn the whole thing into a string using set variable, but again the goal is to grab multiple rows and turn them into strings, not just the whole thing. Any ideas on how to finish this?

3 REPLIES 3
dompilione
Frequent Visitor

To give a little more context, please see screenshot of my Flow. 

dompilione_0-1611670915336.png

And then here's the input and output into the Filter Array - Which is how I am trying to take this array and turn them into individual objects, to then be turned into strings and input into the Update Rows action in Dynamics

dompilione_1-1611670997869.png

Hi @dompilione 

Thanks for your posting.

According to your description, you would like to get data from SQL and copy to dynamic but get some problem.

If that’s the case, I recommend you add ‘update a record’ action outside of ‘apply to each 2’ then you will get individual object with no problem. Meanwhile, if you want to get string format of that object, you just need to string() function to switch it.

Using filter array, we can get an array with specific condition.

If we use apply to each, we can get separate object for one record of a list.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/apply-to-each

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/data-operations

Reference guide for functions in expressions - Azure Logic Apps | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Anna

Hi, thank you for your response. I think I'm on the right track here thanks to help you have given me, but I have run into a wall here. I'm taking the JobNumber item from the row, and I'm trying to figure out how to just get the single output value of the JobNumber that's input but it just returns the same input? Here's how it is set up

dompilione_0-1611854865528.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,050)