cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k-money
Level: Power Up

Task List in New Onenote Page

Hi,

I'd like to build a flow that launches at a scheduled time, creates a new page in my Onenote notebook, then lists all my in-progress Microsoft Tasks (from Outlook O365) on that new page; it will be my daily to-do list.

I've succeeded in making my new flow run at the desired time every morning but it creates a new Onenote page for each task. rather than a single new page with all the tasks listed on it.  So, I'm asking for your help to figure out how to...

a) list all my in-progress tasks on the same new Onenote page (must have)

b) apply certain sort/filter criteria to the task list like filter on only tasks that are priority 1 or sort the tasks by due date, etc.  (nice-to-have)

c) label the new Onenote page with the current day's date: something like "To Do List For {today's date}" (nice-to-have).

Can anyone offer any guidance?

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Level 10

Re: Task List in New Onenote Page

Hi @k-money ,

a) list all my in-progress tasks on the same new Onenote page (must have)

There are no append page flow action available for onenote now. You could loop through the tasks and append in a variable. Use this variable to create the Onenote page content.

b) apply certain sort/filter criteria to the task list like filter on only tasks that are priority 1 or sort the tasks by due date, etc.  (nice-to-have)

After List all Items flow action add a for each loop. Check each item importance and due date matches then append the result in a variable (Step a).

c) label the new Onenote page with the current day's date: something like "To Do List For {today's date}" (nice-to-have).

The connector currently does not support an explicit input parameter Page Title for the Create Page actions. This is a limitation arising from the OneNote API implementation. However, the title can be specified as a part of the Page Content in HTML by using the tags.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onenote/#createpageinquicknotes

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Task List in New Onenote Page

Hi @k-money ,

Thanks for feedback.

I am afraid that your scenario could not be achieved currently using OneNote actions.

Currently, we could only use action Create page in a section to add new pages into a section, however, if you want to create all the tasks into a single new page, there isn’t an action Update page could be used.

Further, it is not possible to apply certain sort/filter to the task list and label the new OneNote page.

If you need these features, please feel free submit your request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 120 members 4,782 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: