cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingDumb
Helper I
Helper I

Task Reminder 'Null' Error

I am trying to create a flow that sends one email of all tasks to the user based off of the tasks assigned to them in a list.  I have followed several examples, but every time I get a 'null' error when trying to append to the array.  I have provided a link to one of the guides I have been following.  Any insight as to why I am getting this error is greatly appreciated.

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Append_to_array_variable' inputs at line '1' and column '2791': 'The template language function 'first' expects its parameter be an array or a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#first for usage details.'.

Thank you for helping.

Flow OverviewFlow OverviewFlow pt1Flow pt1Flow pt2Flow pt2Flow pt3Flow pt3Flow pt4Flow pt4Flow pt5Flow pt5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured out the issue.  For some reason, it wouldn't recognize the Assigned To column without accounting for the space.

So I needed to use ['Assigned_x0020_To'] instead of ['AssignedTo']

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @KingDumb it would help is to identify the solution f you could post a screenshot of your flow. Thanks.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Hi @RobElliott, sorry about that. I've updated my post.  Thank you for the help. 

Hi @KingDumb,

According to the error information, the provide value is null, so maybe some items' "Assigned to" column are blank.

Could you share the setting of the "Assigned to" column in SharePoint?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-litu-msft, I have added an image of the list and 'assigned to' column settings.  Thank you for the help.

List.png

I figured out the issue.  For some reason, it wouldn't recognize the Assigned To column without accounting for the space.

So I needed to use ['Assigned_x0020_To'] instead of ['AssignedTo']

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,999)