cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slatkinson
Level: Powered On

Team Flow only coming from Creator

I have a Flow that utilizes the approval process to send a link to a SharePoint document.  The approver then approves or rejects the document after reviewing.  The flow then either continues to the next approver or goes back to someone to process differently if rejected.

I'm having the following problems:

1.  Every email (outlook) that the approver receives has a large (i'm talking like 5 x 7) photo of my head.  Its quite hysterical, but on the serious note I have to figure out how to get rid of it.  Its always my head (creator) regardless of who starts the flow.  The photo comes from my profile picture stored in outllook.

2. Once the photo issue is resolved, I want the flow to appear to come from the user that starts it...not me the creator...so the email should come from the person who kicks off the flow.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Shelly

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Team Flow only coming from Creator

Hi slatkinson,

How is your flow configured? Could you show me a screenshot of your flow?

Are you using the “Office 365 – Send approval email” action?

Please show me more details to help reproduce this issue on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
slatkinson

Mabel:

Thanks so much!  I don't see where I can upload a docx...so I took some printscreens and i'm uploading them.  THis is not the complete flow...its multistep approvals...

Shelly

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi slatkinson,

About issue1, please try to use the action “Get user profile” but not “Get my profile”.

About issue2, do you mean that the “Requested by” in the email is still the one who created the flow but not the one who triggered the flow?

A screenshot likes below. This flow I created has been shared with a team member, though he triggered the flow on his side, but Requested by in the email address was still my email address.

Are you getting the same issue with me?

Please show me more details about this.

3.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
slatkinson

Thank you Mabel. I will test and get back to you.  Shelly

Highlighted
slatkinson

@v-yamao-msft Mabel:  I made the change to "get user profile" instead of "get my profile" but is is erroring out when I do that.  What dynamic content do I put into that part?  The "user" will change depending on who starts the flow?  When I put a user's information in that box the approval email that comes still shows a 5x7 photo of my head in the email?  So I tried just taking out that step completely...oddly the flow still works....but again...my head fills the screen!  SO I created a new flow that simply is an approval for a file and I still get the huge picture of my head (see bottom screen shot)  help please

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

slatkinson

@v-yamao-msft  any update to my issue?

slatkinson

Can anyone help me with this?  I'm not getting responses from the person who was replying to me a few months ago!  My deadline is approaching for rolling this out!  Help and thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @slatkinson,

I have to say that it is a default behavior that when using the action “Start an approval”, the email will be sent out from the creator of the flow but not user who starts the flow.

So in your case, your profile picture will be displayed on the email whenever the flow is triggered.

At Flow Ideas Forum, there is a similar request, you could vote and comment the request at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Email-content-improvement-for-quot-Start-an-approval-...

I have reported it on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 201 members 3,826 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: