Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Team Shifts email notification

Hi All,

I am trying to create a flow that will send out an email notification to the team member assigned to the shift when a shift is created, updated, or deleted.  Not sure where to start with this one.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
burliad
Helper III
Helper III

ok, I see the real problem.  I checked my sent items in my outlook and the flow is still sending the email to ALL MEMBERS of the team, even people who did not have any changes to their shift.  It also looks like there are 2 emails going out.  There is only one email in the whole bunch that has the dynamic info of the shift listed in it.  I have posed some screen shots.

pic1.jpgpic 2.jpg

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @burliad,

I have created a example for you below.

1. Add the When a shift is create, update or deleted trigger action. Select your Shifts Team

2. Add a Get a Shift action, use the Resource Id dynamic value for the Shift ID

getashift.png

3. Add a Get user action, use the Shift Assigned To User ID for the User Id field

getuseraction.png

4. Add a Send an email (V2) action, use the mail for the To field. You can of course change the subject and body fields of that e-mail action to whatever you want.

sendanemail_mail.png

The end result should look something like this.

endresult_shiftsexample.png

Hope this helps a bit to get you started?

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Works perfectly!  Thank you so much!!!  I was on the right track but need some direction.  Thank you again for all your help!

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

It looks like everything is working but I am also getting emails along with the team member who has the shift

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @burliad,

Maybe you can add a condition action to filter out your email address?

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Ok I will give it a try thank you.

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

ok, I see the real problem.  I checked my sent items in my outlook and the flow is still sending the email to ALL MEMBERS of the team, even people who did not have any changes to their shift.  It also looks like there are 2 emails going out.  There is only one email in the whole bunch that has the dynamic info of the shift listed in it.  I have posed some screen shots.

pic1.jpgpic 2.jpg

View solution in original post

I can not find that "get user"  action step. Is there something special you looked up? 

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @rw58265,

Look for Azure AD connector first, select that connector and then look for get user action.

azureadconnector.png

getuser_azuread.png

burliad
Helper III
Helper III

Should I try and use Azure connector as well?  I am still having problem with my flow and I have it turned off right now

thank you! 

@burliad, yes it's probably easier to use the Azure AD get user action, since that one supports using the user id field. As far as I am aware with Get User Profile action you have to use the user principal name instead.

Btw, below is an example how you could exclude one email address by using a condition action.

userdoesnotequal.png

isagha

Hi all.
I am trying to do the same, but I don't get any changes or details in the email except the writing.
Please see the screenshots below.

Hi.PNGwhat I recieve.PNG

Many thanks, 

Ismail 

Kaczi

We’ve been trying to achieve that same flow. What appears to be the problem for us is that when changing a shift, it counts as an update for every member of the team and the Flow subsequently running once for every team member and sending as many mails.

Since we couldn’t yet figure out a way to not have shift changes be counted more than once yet, we’re trying to limit the number of times the flow runs. I’ll get back to this thread once we’ve figured out a solution or given up.

Regarding the 2 Mails mentioned above, if a shift is deleted an recreated, it counts as 2 changes, ergo 2 Mails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,526)