cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Team Shifts email notification

Hi All,

I am trying to create a flow that will send out an email notification to the team member assigned to the shift when a shift is created, updated, or deleted.  Not sure where to start with this one.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Helper III
Helper III

ok, I see the real problem.  I checked my sent items in my outlook and the flow is still sending the email to ALL MEMBERS of the team, even people who did not have any changes to their shift.  It also looks like there are 2 emails going out.  There is only one email in the whole bunch that has the dynamic info of the shift listed in it.  I have posed some screen shots.

pic1.jpgpic 2.jpg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @burliad,

I have created a example for you below.

1. Add the When a shift is create, update or deleted trigger action. Select your Shifts Team

2. Add a Get a Shift action, use the Resource Id dynamic value for the Shift ID

getashift.png

3. Add a Get user action, use the Shift Assigned To User ID for the User Id field

getuseraction.png

4. Add a Send an email (V2) action, use the mail for the To field. You can of course change the subject and body fields of that e-mail action to whatever you want.

sendanemail_mail.png

The end result should look something like this.

endresult_shiftsexample.png

Hope this helps a bit to get you started?

Helper III
Helper III

Works perfectly!  Thank you so much!!!  I was on the right track but need some direction.  Thank you again for all your help!

Helper III
Helper III

It looks like everything is working but I am also getting emails along with the team member who has the shift

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @burliad,

Maybe you can add a condition action to filter out your email address?

Helper III
Helper III

Ok I will give it a try thank you.

Helper III
Helper III

ok, I see the real problem.  I checked my sent items in my outlook and the flow is still sending the email to ALL MEMBERS of the team, even people who did not have any changes to their shift.  It also looks like there are 2 emails going out.  There is only one email in the whole bunch that has the dynamic info of the shift listed in it.  I have posed some screen shots.

pic1.jpgpic 2.jpg

View solution in original post

I can not find that "get user"  action step. Is there something special you looked up? 

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @rw58265,

Look for Azure AD connector first, select that connector and then look for get user action.

azureadconnector.png

getuser_azuread.png

Helper III
Helper III

Should I try and use Azure connector as well?  I am still having problem with my flow and I have it turned off right now

thank you! 

@burliad, yes it's probably easier to use the Azure AD get user action, since that one supports using the user id field. As far as I am aware with Get User Profile action you have to use the user principal name instead.

Btw, below is an example how you could exclude one email address by using a condition action.

userdoesnotequal.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (85,571)