cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisea123
Helper II
Helper II

Team Shifts notification as flow bot with modified time

I created a flow that will send a flow bot notification when a change is made in Team Shifts. 
The bot works great, I am using the modified dates as a condition for the notifications. 
What I found out is that the Save in the edit shift screen will generate a new modified date and then the share with team button will generate another new modified date. So my staff are getting 2 notifications if there was a change and 1 notification even if there was no change. 
Does anyone know of a way I can stop the notifications from being sent on the first save button and only send the notifications to the affective employees on the share with team button? 
I have one condition that will calculate that the change was 2 minutes ago, this eliminates any other change that was done earlier or on a different day. 
Do I need to add more conditions?
 Condition for Shifts flow.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lisea123,

It's no need to add more conditions, your condition could properly approach your requirement. But one point you need to know is after you modified the Shift, share it should delay 2 minutes. For example, once you save the Flow, the Flow runs the first time check the modified time is less than 2 minutes ago and send a notification, then wait for two minutes, and click the share, the Flow will run the second time check the modified time is greater than 2 minutes ago and not send a notification.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The Teams Shifts app itself will timestamp the shift as being modified when I make the change and click save and then timestamp it again as being modified with a new time when I click share with Team. 
so there will always be 2 flows ran as there will always be at least one of them that is within the 2 minute window,. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,439)