cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sephiel
Helper II
Helper II

Team's Planner Scheduled Email for Incomplete Tasks to Assignees In Particular Bucket

Hi community,

I am trying to set up a Flow to email three particular people a list of their incomplete tasks in a particular bucket in our large shared planner. I have tried dozens of combinations of steps with no success. I have tried to troubleshoot every step by making my last step sending me an email with the expected output ID, title, etc.

If I create the step "List Tasks", I cannot get it to return a "true" statement if I make a condition where

"value Bucket ID" is equal to string('Ddpmckl3Jk6K5X-Mz5tHgmQAPgVq')

Even though I should get two emails (there are two tasks in that bucket.) I can get it to work if I instead use "List Buckets" but that's not the data I need in order to make this email work.

I've tried doing it through a Filter Array, which will email me properly the list of tasks in the bucket. The problem then is that further along in the process I need to invoke the "value assignments" content in order to see "value assignment Assigned To User ID" in order to email the specific person their open tasks. When I add that content, it nests multiple "Apply To Each" loops which messes up the logic.

I'm at a loss for the best way to tackle this.

So to summarize, I need to send a scheduled email detailing non-complete tasks, assigned to a particular person, from one particular bucket.

• My bucket: "Data Approval", ID = Ddpmckl3Jk6K5X-Mz5tHgmQAPgVq
  • Task is not set to "Completed"
  • Assigned To Person1 ID: f295235c-8fe9-4156-b2ce-8d568bb702d1, Person2 ID: 3fe1af96-f538-452f-bcab-cf09459155dc, or Person3, ID:130f0651-ff8a-4461-91fa-0da81c60d316 (these are dummy user ID numbers)

The email doesn't have to be fancy, I can format the HTML the way I need, but the body needs the task name or ID.

Can I please get some help with the best way to tackle this? Appreciate the help very much!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sephiel ,

Currently, we are not able to get Assigned to info from Planner tasks, here is one of the similar hot requests on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Planner-Get-more-task-details/idi-p/72538

Further, this template Create a daily summary of Planner Tasks by Bucket could be a reference when getting tasks under specific bucket:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/df5797658f954281b54bad8bf9cc8246...

I have made a simple test on my side for your reference as well:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sephiel ,

Currently, we are not able to get Assigned to info from Planner tasks, here is one of the similar hot requests on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Planner-Get-more-task-details/idi-p/72538

Further, this template Create a daily summary of Planner Tasks by Bucket could be a reference when getting tasks under specific bucket:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/df5797658f954281b54bad8bf9cc8246...

I have made a simple test on my side for your reference as well:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks, Mabel. I will see if I can twist their arms to have their own buckets rather than shared!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,076)