cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sephiel
Level: Powered On

Team's Planner Scheduled Email for Incomplete Tasks to Assignees In Particular Bucket

Hi community,

I am trying to set up a Flow to email three particular people a list of their incomplete tasks in a particular bucket in our large shared planner. I have tried dozens of combinations of steps with no success. I have tried to troubleshoot every step by making my last step sending me an email with the expected output ID, title, etc.

If I create the step "List Tasks", I cannot get it to return a "true" statement if I make a condition where

"value Bucket ID" is equal to string('Ddpmckl3Jk6K5X-Mz5tHgmQAPgVq')

Even though I should get two emails (there are two tasks in that bucket.) I can get it to work if I instead use "List Buckets" but that's not the data I need in order to make this email work.

I've tried doing it through a Filter Array, which will email me properly the list of tasks in the bucket. The problem then is that further along in the process I need to invoke the "value assignments" content in order to see "value assignment Assigned To User ID" in order to email the specific person their open tasks. When I add that content, it nests multiple "Apply To Each" loops which messes up the logic.

I'm at a loss for the best way to tackle this.

So to summarize, I need to send a scheduled email detailing non-complete tasks, assigned to a particular person, from one particular bucket.

• My bucket: "Data Approval", ID = Ddpmckl3Jk6K5X-Mz5tHgmQAPgVq
  • Task is not set to "Completed"
  • Assigned To Person1 ID: f295235c-8fe9-4156-b2ce-8d568bb702d1, Person2 ID: 3fe1af96-f538-452f-bcab-cf09459155dc, or Person3, ID:130f0651-ff8a-4461-91fa-0da81c60d316 (these are dummy user ID numbers)

The email doesn't have to be fancy, I can format the HTML the way I need, but the body needs the task name or ID.

Can I please get some help with the best way to tackle this? Appreciate the help very much!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Team's Planner Scheduled Email for Incomplete Tasks to Assignees In Particular Bucket

Hi @Sephiel ,

Currently, we are not able to get Assigned to info from Planner tasks, here is one of the similar hot requests on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Planner-Get-more-task-details/idi-p/72538

Further, this template Create a daily summary of Planner Tasks by Bucket could be a reference when getting tasks under specific bucket:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/df5797658f954281b54bad8bf9cc8246...

I have made a simple test on my side for your reference as well:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Team's Planner Scheduled Email for Incomplete Tasks to Assignees In Particular Bucket

Hi @Sephiel ,

Currently, we are not able to get Assigned to info from Planner tasks, here is one of the similar hot requests on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment it at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Planner-Get-more-task-details/idi-p/72538

Further, this template Create a daily summary of Planner Tasks by Bucket could be a reference when getting tasks under specific bucket:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/df5797658f954281b54bad8bf9cc8246...

I have made a simple test on my side for your reference as well:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sephiel
Level: Powered On

Thanks, Mabel. I will see if I can twist their arms to have their own buckets rather than shared!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 104 members 5,462 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: