cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnwildes

Teams Approvals Connector / Resource Account

Hello Everyone,

I am developing an internal process using power automate, and Microsoft Teams approvals.  It's working awesome, however every approval that is sent to the system is coming from "me".  The flow that I have created uses a conditional based on form response to route the approval to the correct individuals.  However, all the requests are requested by "me" and my account, which is the credential in the connector. 

What kind of account do I need to setup for teams to be able to use the approvals function in power automate?? I realize this might be more of a teams question, but the last thing I want to do is stand up a User account in AAD, give it a full O365 license, when all I want it to do is route requests from this power automate flow.

Thanks for the help.

r/

john

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnwildes,

The approval email is sent from Microsoft Flow <maccount@microsoft.com>, if you are using Send approval request action, the connection is necessary and it is set to Flow owner by default. I am sorry to say there is no way could remove your email address from the approval email. As a workaround, you could set the Approval Requestor, it could make you just like a sender, for example:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 104036.jpgScreenshot 2021-03-18 103736.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @johnwildes,

The approval email is sent from Microsoft Flow <maccount@microsoft.com>, if you are using Send approval request action, the connection is necessary and it is set to Flow owner by default. I am sorry to say there is no way could remove your email address from the approval email. As a workaround, you could set the Approval Requestor, it could make you just like a sender, for example:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 104036.jpgScreenshot 2021-03-18 103736.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,537)