cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eladsherf
Regular Visitor

Teams 'Post a message (V3)' refer to a user with @

I'd like to be able to mention a user with 'Post a message (V3)' and tried using the @ sign to refer directly to a user using <at>username@domain.com</at> or @username@domain.com, however the user name is posted as text.

The <at>username@domain.com</at> works fine with 'Post a message as the Flow bot to a channel'.

Any way to make the @ reference work with 'Post a message (V3)'?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @eladsherf  unfortunally there are no way to do that with Post a message please see this post just with Post message as flow bot to a channel by doing exactly as you have <at>yourmail@hotmail.com</at>

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Can-you-Mention-anyone-in-Teams-from-a-flow/td-p/...

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Hi @ChristianAbata,

The challenge is that I'd like to refer to a user within a private channel and the Flow bot app is not available for private channels unfortunately, are you by any chance aware of any workaround?

Thanks for confirming it doesn't work.

-Elad

hi @eladsherf  shure I tested and unfortunally there are no way. 😞

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,453)