cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Teams/Shifts and flows for approvals. Limiting the flow to pending status only.

Hi there... I have created a Team and a shift for a rostering system.

I have managed to create a flow which runs each 10 minutes and pulls the open shift offers in.

I then have an action to auto approve, using the ID from the initial pull.

This works as expected, however the script seems to reexamine all the shift offers and returns errors for all except the newest ones (which it hasnt seen yet).

Is there a specific "filter" or similar or another way of using this action so that there isnt so much wasted screening going on?

There is an "apply to each" module there which holds the approval action. Perhaps this is the point where the filter is applied?

Thanks

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Teams/Shifts and flows for approvals. Limiting the flow to pending status only.

Hi @TonyKuiperSAAS ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the Flow configuration?

It seems that you could use Filter array to filter requests or use Condition in Apply to each to filter requests.

Please check the following link to get more details about Filter array:

https://sharepains.com/2018/12/18/microsoft-flow-filter-data-in-an-array/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Teams/Shifts and flows for approvals. Limiting the flow to pending status only.

Hi @TonyKuiperSAAS ,

Could you please share the screenshot of the Flow configuration?

It seems that you could use Filter array to filter requests or use Condition in Apply to each to filter requests.

Please check the following link to get more details about Filter array:

https://sharepains.com/2018/12/18/microsoft-flow-filter-data-in-an-array/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

ApprovalBot.jpg

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Your link pointed me to some good resources on filtering arrays. I have managed to filter the data now so that only the appropriate data items are getting progressed to the final stage. Cuts the run time down a lot!!!

Highlighted

I hunted this down and solved my problem similar to OP : 

https://github.com/OfficeDev/Microsoft-Teams-Shifts-Power-Automate-Templates

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,351)