cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Teams and Power Apps and Flow

Hi all,

I created a Power App in Teams that uses a table.

I want to create a flow that works with that data.

But I dont see a way to get to that data?  I dont see anythign in Teams and I don't see anythign in CDS/Dataverse?  The table says it is stored in CDS and I see the environment.  But when I try to connect to it it says unauthorized even though I'm a global admin and the one who created it.

Has anyone created flows that work with teams/powerapps/cds?? Any tricks?

Thanks,

Terry

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

Check this out - https://youtu.be/4Ra2TCGmFts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

View solution in original post

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Since the table was created in Power Apps inside Teams you will need to use Power Automate ("Flow") inside Teams as well.  You won't be able to see the database from Power Automate or Power Apps outside that Team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

Check this out - https://youtu.be/4Ra2TCGmFts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Since the table was created in Power Apps inside Teams you will need to use Power Automate ("Flow") inside Teams as well.  You won't be able to see the database from Power Automate or Power Apps outside that Team.

Thanks for the link, I watched that and I was able to get it working.  I didn't think about having to build it in teams too.

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi yes I got that from the video link posted above.  It isn't super clear, wish MS would make it clearer, or heck allow it through the regular builder.  I hate that Microsoft is making multiple editing environments for power apps and automate flows.

Thanks,

Terry

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The reason there are different environments is for licensing.  Dataverse for Teams, which you used to make your tables is free with all Teams licenses.  Regular Dataverse, available inside or outside of Teams requires a premium license.  

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yep I get it, just saying the editing tools shouldn't be so different.  Power Apps editor in Teams is way different (and way buggyier) than standard.  But as a developer I dont care about the environments if I have access I have access and should be able to edit and create in one place.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (90,987)