cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Teams meeting "Join Now" window does not open when teams meeting link is clicked in Adaptive Card. Instead, Web browser opens up on clicking link.

Hi,

I have created a Flow in Power Automate that gets triggered when an upcoming event is starting soon in my Outlook. Once it gets triggered, it will send an adaptive card in "Chat with Flow Bot" in my teams that contains details about the event. like, subject, body, location, etc.

I have also created a condition to check if the event is going to happen in a teams meeting. If yes, then it will grab the meeting link from the Outlook event mail body and send it as a clickable link in Adaptive Card in teams chat. JSON of meeting link TextBlock attached below:

abi_123_0-1624729291949.png

And here is how my adaptive card looks like:

abi_123_1-1624729423229.png

Now, everything works fine till receiving the adaptive card in "Chat with Flow Bot". The issue is, once I click on "Click here to join the meeting" link in my adaptive card, then my web browser opens up to navigate to the link. As it is the teams meeting joining link (https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_OTlkZDBlxxUtNmRlNy00MWxxLxx3ZDYtMzk5YTE2ODAzY... ), I want that Teams meeting "Join Now" window should open up automatically once I click on this link in the adaptive card instead of my web browser opening up.

As, when I send this same link as a normal message (not adaptive card) in any chat in Teams, and then click on this link, Teams meeting "Join Now" window opens up instead of opening web browser. But this link opens in web browser if clicked in an adaptive card.

Can anyone help me out how to open meeting link directly in teams and not web browser if I click it in the adaptive card.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

I believe this is because you are using the HTTP protocol in your link. As far as I am aware it is also possible to directly link to the Teams client via the msteams:// protocol.

The drawback of this approach is that the link won't work for somebody who hasn't got Microsoft Teams installed. But that shouldn't matter in your scenario since the first step is sending an adaptive card in Microsoft Teams anyway 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,750)